INDUSTRY INSTITUTE INTERACTION CELL
An active Industry Institute Interaction Cell (III Cell) has been functioning in the College. The function of the Cell is to promote closer interaction between the academic field and the professional field. Industry Institute Interaction Cell is established to provide closer links with industries. The purpose of the cell is to find out the gap between need of the industry and end product of the institute. The cell is the bridge between the industry, the real world and the institute. Industrial exposure of Faculty is very much helpful to guide students about latest industrial practices. Industries are able to know recent developments and inventions in their fields and implement projects for technologically driven economy.
The objective of the III Cell is to reduce the gap between industry expectations (practice) and academic offerings (theory) by direct involvement of industry to attain a symbiosis.
All the Stakeholders, namely: Institutions, Industry, Students and Society stand to gain as it can be a win-win partnership. The Institutions stand to gain by way of up to date curricula, source of revenue generation by consultancy and R & D, source of manpower for employment, societal relevance, and most importantly acquisition of brand name/equity; industry stands to gain by way of availability of employable manpower pool, and increased productivity; faculty stand to gain by way of exposure to latest industry practices for more effective teaching-learning processes, etc; students stand to gain by way of hands-on training, reduction of learning curve in industrial practices; and, society stands to gain by way of improved quality of goods and services.
The Functions of Industry-Institute Interaction Cell include
- To give industrial exposure to Faculty members and students, thus enabling them to tune their knowledge to cope with the industrial culture.
- To assist the Departments in organizing workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the industries.
- Encouraging pharmaceutical industry persons to visit institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industries, in curriculum gap identification.
- To organize industrial visits for faculty members and students.
- To encourage Faculty members to use their expertise in solving the problems faced by the industries, thus creating opportunity for consultancy.
- Industrial testing by Faculty and technician at site, or in laboratory
- To organize in-plant training for the students
- To assist the Departments in establishing link with industries for taking up mini projects and projects.
• To strengthen Alumni relations
- To assist the Training and Placement Division
- Visit of industry executives and practicing students & faculty to the institute for seeing research work and laboratories
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer
Constitution of Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC):
|Sr.No.||Name & Dept.||IIIC committee Designation||Role & Responsibilities|
|2||Dr.Vipul P. Patel
Professor-Dept. of Pharmaceutics (UG)
|Co-ordinator||To look over various activities related to IIIC, progress and report the same|
|3||Dr.Vishal V. Pande
Professor-Dept. of Pharmaceutics (PG)
|Member||Active MOU with Pharma Industry,
Project & Consultancy from Industry
Associate Professor-Dept. of Pharmaceutics
|Industrial Visit for students,
To organize Seminar/workshop sponsored/supported by Industry
Associate Professor-Dept. of Pharmacology (UG)
|Industry expert interaction with student/faculty,
Guest Lecture from Industry expert
|6||Prof. Ajinkya Kure
Assistant Professor-Dept. of Pharmaceutics (UG)
|T & P Cell
Student/Staff Industrial Training