SCPER’s Institution Innovation Council
As per the initiative of Government of India and directives of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC) to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and to promote the innovation and entrepreneurial skills among the students, Sanjivani College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research established the Institutional Innovation Council (IIC) in July 2018.
Major focus of IIC:
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of the SCPER-IIC:
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- To identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- To organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- To network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- To create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- To organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
SMART INDIA HACKTHON 2020:
Smart India Hackathon 2020 is a nationwide initiative to provide students a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mind-set of problem solving.
For More Information: https://www.mic.gov.in/sih.php